Hello! This documentation will guide you through all the major topics around building and deploying a Pakyow application. If you're looking for more of a crash course instead of a detailed guide, checkout the warmup.
Software is changing the world, and we want to change how you build software. Our hope is to build an open, friendly, and helpful community around these ideas. We'd love to have you join us. All thoughts, ideas, and productive criticism is encouraged.
Pakyow's GitHub Contributors
From a terminal prompt, type:
pakyow new name_of_app
A new project will be generated in the 'name_of_app' directory.
Here's a rundown of the important bits of a generated Pakyow app:
- app.rb: app environment configuration
- app/lib: all of your back-end code goes here (every .rb file will be loaded automatically)
- app/lib/bindings.rb: define your bindings here
- app/lib/helpers.rb: define your helpers here
- app/lib/routes.rb: define your routes here
- app/views: define your views here